Varieties of hosting services
A hosting solution refers to hoarding and/or sharing certain web content on a web hosting server handled by a hosting provider. There are various classes of hosting services utilized for different ends, so let's take a peek at these. Thus, you can decide what you want, depending on whether you'd like to build a website, email accounts, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a service supplied by particular firms, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file hosting accounts are frequently supported by displaying ads next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a certain interval of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly distorted explanation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would distribute the load between autonomous sets of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous web site hosting services (mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a brand of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; specific corporations provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting type is suitable if you would like to share a huge quantity of images with mates or acquaintances since the solution is mostly free of cost. You will obtain a random link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to taking care of your e-mail box accounts. Some firms provide webspace hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you desire to have an email address with your domain name but do not want to possess a site, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can set up email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a certain amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video files and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have a problem with your web site hosting resources. Embedding the video file will allow you to have as many videos as you wish without worrying about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to have a site. To some extent, it comprises all of the aforesaid hosting brands since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and mailbox accounts, upload video files, and so on. At hostingdad, for example, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that allow you to get all of the aforementioned services in a single location. There may be limitations depending on the sort of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting account may be better or worse compared to the conventional email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are purposed for specific content exclusively.